George P. Hansen, "The Trickster and the Paranormal" (2001)
An unidentified flying object (abbreviated UFO, or U.F.O.) is the general descriptor for any unusual object (or phenomenon) sighted in the sky that cannot be readily identified by an observer. In the majority of cases, a UFO can be later identified and explained to have been a known phenomenon or more conventional object, such as an aircraft, cloud feature, or planetary body, while the few that cannot be so identified after the fact become the interest of ufologists (and saucerians). A multitude of theories have been offered to explain the origins of unidentified craft, including: extraterrestrial pilots of advanced craft are visiting our world from afar; interdimensional beings penetrating into our phase of reality are here to help (or hinder); demons are deceiving us; space critters live in our atmosphere; and others besides.
In popular media, the term UFO will typically refer to an extraterrestrial spacecraft, as routinely depicted in television and film, which, in turn, has inspired hoaxes and media inspired sighting reports.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Ufology"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- Aerial Phenomena Enquiry Network (APEN)
- Aerial Phenomena Investigations Society (APIS)
- Aerial Phenomena Research Group (APRG)
- Aerial Phenomena Research Group (APRG-US)
- Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO)
- Akualele Research Group
- Amalgamated Flying Saucer Clubs of America (AFSCA)
- Ancient Astronaut hypothesis (Ufology)
- Antarctica Development Interests
- Celestial Vehicle Investigation Committee
- Centro de Investigação Civil dos Objetos Aéreos Não Identificados (CICOANI)
- Chen Tao (God's Salvation Church)
- Chino Shoho (Chino's True Law)
- Christ Brotherhood, Inc.
- Christian UFO Research Association (CHRUFORA)
- Civilian Saucer Intelligence
- Civilian Saucer Intelligence of New York (CSI-NY)
- Civilian Saucer Investigation of Los Angeles (CSI-LA)
- Civilian Saucer Investigation of New Zealand (CSI-NZ)
- College of Universal Wisdom
- Comisión Observadora de Objetos Voladores No Identificados (CODOVNI)
- Cosmic Circle of Fellowship
- Cosmic People of the Forces of Light
- Cosmic U.F.O. Investigation Center
- Cup and Saucer Club
- Inter-Continental Aerial Research Foundation (ICARF)
- Interdimensional hypothesis (Ufology)
- International Association of Flying Saucer Clubs
- International Flying Saucer Bureau (IFSB)
- Interplanetary Fellowship
- Interplanetary Intelligence of Unidentified Flying Objects (IIOUFO)
- Interplanetary Space Patrol
Media in category "Ufology"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.