J. Allen Hynek
From Kook Science
|J. Allen Hynek|
|Born||Josef Allen Hynek|
1 May 1910
|Died||27 April 1986 (75)|
|Alma mater||University of Chicago|
|Workplace(s)||Dearborn Observatory; Lindheimer Astronomical Research Center; Northwestern University|
|Affiliations||Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS)|
|Known for||The UFO Experience (1972)|
Josef Allen Hynek (May 1, 1910 - April 27, 1986) was an American astrophysicist and ufologist who acted as a scientific consultant to the United States Air Force on three UFO inquiries — Project Sign (1947-1949), Project Grudge (1949-1952), and Project Blue Book (1952-1969) — and gave testimony at Congressional hearings on unidentified flying objects, later founding the civilian Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS).
- Unidentified Flying Objects: Hearing by Committee on Armed Forces of the House of Representatives, Eighty-Ninth Congress, Second Session. April 5, 1966. Washington, DC: United States Government Printing Office, 1966. https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/102300346
- Hynek, J. Allen (1972), The UFO Experience: A Scientific Enquiry, Chicago: H. Regnery
- Hynek, J. Allen; Vallée, Jacques (1975), The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, Chicago: H. Regnery
- Hynek, J. Allen (1977), The Hynek UFO Report, New York: Dell Pub. Co.
- Hynek, J. Allen; Imbrogno, Philip J.; Pratt, Bob (1987), Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings (1st ed.), New York: Ballantine Books