From Kook Science
Jeffrey Alan Lash (December 3, 1954 - July 4, 2015) was an American whose remains were discovered inside an SUV parked near the Bristol Farms grocery store in Santa Monica, California on 17 July 2015, two weeks after his death, which was followed by a police search of his condominium in Pacific Palisades Highlands, an affluent neighbourhood in the Westside of Los Angeles, California, where it was revealed that he had collected some 1,200 firearms, several tons of ammunition, cash in the amount of ~$230K USD, and fourteen vehicles. Several women associated with Lash, including Michelle Lyons and Catherine Nebron, his apparent fiancée, came forward with details of his unusual background after his death, including claims that Lash was a secret government agent and human-alien hybrid; both Lyons and Nebron sued Lash's estate to recover money they said they had given him, each settling out of court for unspecified amounts.
Initial Reporting (2015)
- Silverstein, Jason (21 Jul. 2015), Decomposing LA man had 1,200 guns, two tons of ammo in home: cops, nydailynews.com, https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/decomposing-la-man-1-200-guns-tons-ammo-home-article-1.2298538
- Chan, Melissa (23 Jul. 2015), Dead LA man who had 1,200 guns, underwater car identified; believed to be ‘part alien’ secret government worker, nydailynews.com, https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dead-la-man-1-200-guns-identified-part-alien-article-1.2301594
- O'Neill, Marnie (2 Sep. 2015), The Strange Case of Jeffrey Alan Lash Continues to Baffle Authorities, news.com.au, https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/the-strange-case-of-jeffrey-alan-lash-continues-to-baffle-authorities/news-story/db43793b240b582ae965d69b934e01dd — "AFTER his unexplained death, cops found a $7m arsenal in Jeff Lash’s home and a trio of devotees convinced he was a 'human-alien hybrid secret agent'."
Estate and Probate (2016)
- KABC (22 June 2016), Family plans to destroy $5 million inheritance in Pacific Palisades, abc7news.com, https://abc7news.com/family-plans-to-destroy-inheritance-pacific-palisades-los-angeles-jefferey-lash/1396067/
Later Reporting (2017)
- Johnson, Scott (14 Sep. 2017), A Decomposing Body, 10 Duped Girlfriends and the Saga of the ‘Alien’ Con Man in Hollywood’s Backyard, hollywoodreporter.com, https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/lifestyle-news/a-decomposing-body-10-duped-girlfriends-saga-alien-con-man-hollywoods-backyard-1037967 — "Jeffrey Lash was a spy, a post-9/11 covert operative who seduced women in L.A.'s tony Pacific Palisades with tales of, yes, supernatural powers. But when police found him dead in his car with a $5 million gun stash near the homes of showbiz elite, a stranger-than-fiction tale emerged of abuse, lies, a mystery illness and a grifter with 'more charisma than 10 Trumps.'"
Court Rulings on Gun Collection (2018)
- MyNewsLA (10 Aug. 2018), Judge Mulls Release of Late Firearm Collector’s Guns to Dealer, mynewsla.com, https://mynewsla.com/crime/2018/08/10/judge-mulls-release-of-late-firearm-collectors-guns-to-dealer/
- MyNewsLA (30 Aug. 2018), Judge Nixes Release of Firearms Cache, Ammunition Once Owned by Late Con Man, mynewsla.com, https://mynewsla.com/crime/2018/08/30/judge-nixes-release-of-firearms-cache-ammunition-once-owned-by-late-con-man/
- Beresford, Trilby (6 Sep. 2018), Judge Rules on Distribution of Lash Arsenal, palipost.com, https://web.archive.org/web/20180907125414/https://www.palipost.com/judge-rules-distribution-lash-arsenal/ — "On Friday, Aug. 31, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge David Cowan declined to sign an order that would release Lash’s weapon arsenal—consisting of approximately 850 firearms and over six tons of ammunition—to a licensed firearm dealer such as Gulf Tactical International LLC."