From Kook Science
The Palmivarian Fellowship was a saucerian group active in the early 1950s that solicited for sale property in the Guatemalan Highlands, near Panajachel and Lake Atitlan, this region being promoted as being a safe haven against the psychically-foreseen atomic calamities that would befall the planet beginning in 1953. Additionally, the Fellowship planned to build an "organic health resort" and advertised a Mayan diet of pepitoria squash seeds, stone-ground corn tortillas, and canella (white cinnamon) tea, as well as cana fistula (golden shower tree) recommended as an alternative to "harmful chemical laxatives."
The group does not seem to have lasted following the failure of their prophecy. In 1954, Guatemala was thrown into turmoil and civil war following the deposing of President Jacobo Árbenz and installation of the military dictatorship of Carlos Castillo Armas through the efforts of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (re: Operation PBSuccess), which may have also contributed to the dissolution of the fellowship.
The Last Days
The Last Days, subtitled Years of Destiny — 1952-1958, is a brochure that was first circulated in the early 1950s by the Palmivarian Fellowship, relating messages psychically-received from an Uranian (from Urania, not Uranus), the representative of an extraterrestrial race possessing "four-dimensional vision" that can thereby see the future as readily as the present. The Uranian foresaw that the United States would become a military dictatorship in 1952, that there would be global atomic war in 1953, bringing about the destruction of most major American cities and ruination of the lands from nuclear fallout, resulting in the total collapse of American society, in the aftermath of which the Mongolians would conquer North America by 1958; but also, more optimistically, that there was to be safe haven in Guatemala, where Uranian flying saucers would begin landing in secret, and from these Central American highlands a new, better civilisation with flying cities and spacecraft would ultimately form and flourish, offering the promise that millions "now living will be on other planets by 1958."
- Part I. "Real Purpose Behind the Coming of the Flying Discs"
- Part II. "Is Interplanetary Communication Possible?"
- Part III. "A Scientific Theory of Prophecy"
- Part IV. "Preparation for War and Regimentation"
- Part V. "1953, Year of Destruction - Most Eventful Year in History"
- Part VI. "Prophecies of an Uranian"
- Part VII. "Years of the Four Horsemen"
- Part VIII. "Dawn of a New Civilization"
- Part IX: "The Landing of the Saucers: Communications from the Uranian (After the Great Catastrophe)"
- Part X: "The Coming Migration, North to South"
- "Vital Health Secrets of the Maya Indians - The «Hunzas of Central America» - IMPORTANT FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE LATEST NUTRITIONAL DISCOVERY: PEPITORIA SQUASH SEEDS, NEW ORGANIC WONDERFOOD USED BY THESE INDIANS, ALSO ABOUT OUR PUBLICATIONS ON OUR RESEARCHES AND EXPLORATIONS IN THE LAND OF THE MAYAS IN THE TROPICAL HIGHLANDS OF GUATEMALA, INCLUDING OUR PLANNED ORGANIC HEALTH RESORT AND AGRICULTURAL SETTLEMENTS", Palmivarian Research Bulletin No. 4 (195-), https://web.archive.org/web/20220109194848/https://www.rareamericana.com/pages/books/3727393/palmivarian-fellowship/vital-health-secrets-of-the-maya-indians