From Kook Science
Memorandum 6751 is an informal designation for a Borderland Sciences Research Associates (BSRA) document entitled "A MEMORANDUM OF IMPORTANCE" that was sent to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1947. It was authored by Meade Layne, who was the BSRA's director and main editor of the group's The Round Robin and The Flying Roll newsletters. The document has been described as having been "classified" by the FBI since its receipt and was released to the public as part of an overall federal government declassification program; however, it was certainly distributed through BSRA freely, and the information contained in the document was frequently written about by Layne and his associates in newsletters and mimeographs.
The number 6751 appears to have been stamped on the document at the time of receipt, but does not seem to be an official document number.
- A MEMORANDUM OF IMPORTANCE -
San Diego, California. July 8, 1947 -
(For your Information)
- A MEMORANDUM OF IMPORTANCE -
THIS MEMORANDUM is respectfully addressed to certain scientists of distinction, to important aeronautical and military authorities, to a number of public officials and to a few publications.
The writer has little expectation that anything of import will be accomplished by this gesture. The mere fact that the data herein were obtained by so-called supernormal means is probably sufficient to insure its disregard by nearly all the persons addressed; nevertheless it seems a public duty to make it available. (The present writer has several university degrees and was formerly a university department head).
A very serious situation may develop at any time with regard to the "flying saucers." If one of those should be attacked, the attacking plane will almost certainly be destroyed. In the public mind this might create near panic and international suspicion. The principal data concerning these craft is now at hand and must be offered, no matter how fantastic and unintelligible it may seem to minds not previously instructed in thinking of this type.
1. Part of the disks carry crews, others are under remote control.
2. Their mission is peaceful. The visitors contemplate settling on this plane.
3. These visitors are human-like but much larger in size.
4. They are NOT excarnate earth people, but come from their own world.
5. They do NOT come from any "planet" as we use the word, but from an etheric planet which interpenetrates with our own and is not perceptible to use.
6. The bodies of the visitors, and the craft also, automatically "materialize" on entering the vibratory rate of our dense matter. (Cp. "apports.")
7. The disks possess a type of radiant energy, or a ray, which will easily disintegrate any attacking ship. They reenter the etheric at will, and so simply disappear from our vision, without trace.
8. The region from which they come is NOT the "astral plane", but corresponds to the Lokas or Talas. Students of esoteric matters will understand these terms.
9. They probably cannot be reached by radio, but probably can be by radar, if a signal system can be devised for that apparatus.
We give information and warning, and can do no more. Let the newcomers be treated with every kindness. Unless the disks are withdrawn, a [illegible] [illegible] with which our culture and science are incapable of dealing. A heavy responsibility rests upon the few in authority who are able to understand this matter.
Addendum: The Lokas are oval shape, fluted length in - oval with a heat-resisting metal or alloy not yet known; the front edge contains the controls; the middle portion is a laboratory; the rear contains armament, which consists essentially of a powerful [illegible] energy apparatus, perhaps a ray apparatus [illegible].
Note that, in addition to some illegible text caused partially by later hand writing and stamping, the name and signature of Meade Layne have been redacted. A scanned copy of the "Memorandum" is included on page 22 of UFO Part 1 of 16, https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO/UFO%20Part%201%20of%2016
- The FBI released an FOIA cache of further BSRA/BSRF files in 2018 to John Greenewald: https://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/paranormal/boderlandsciences-fbi1.pdf
- Meade Layne wrote a similar, longer memo that was also sent to various individuals, specifically addressing His Excellency the President of the United States, among other government leaders and agencies: https://borderlandsciences.org/project/etheria/mimeo/A%20Matter%20of%20Urgent%20and%20Critical%20Importance.pdf