Elder Charles Beck
From Kook Science
|Elder Charles Beck|
|Born||Charles David Beck|
16 May 1902[N]
|Died||31 May 1966 (64)|
|Affiliations||Church of God in Christ (PA); Way of the Cross Church of God in Christ (Buffalo, NY)|
Elder Charles David Beck (May 16, 1902 - May 31, 1966) was an American Pentecostal minister, radio evangelist, faith healer, and gospel musician, who was noted to have come to certain celebrity first in the 1930s for claims regarding the prayer healing of General John J. Pershing, and in the 1950s for publicising a visionary dream that he claimed to have had in 1944 in which the United States was the victim of almost total annihilation by the Soviets, who were only then "driven off or disintegrated by the friendly saucers after 50,000 Negros had fought off the Reds long enough for the saucers to arrive."
- Nations, Opal (26 Nov. 2000), ELDER CHARLES D. BECK, 'Your Man of Faith' and 'Trumpet of the Religious World', opalnations.com, http://opalnations.com/files/Charles_Beck_Elder_Real_Blues_26_Nov.2000.pdf
- Canner, Stephen (26 Jan. 2020), Elder Charles Beck and the Roots of Afrofuturism, mediatedsignals.com, https://mediatedsignals.com/2020/01/26/elder-charles-beck-and-the-roots-of-afrofuturism/
- "United States, GenealogyBank Historical Newspaper Obituaries, 1815-2011", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q53P-64MM : 18 July 2020), Elder Charles David Beck, 1966.
- Burley, Dan (17 Sept. 1953), "Are Faith Healers Phony?", Jet 4 (19): 21, https://books.google.com/books?id=uUIDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA21
- Took, Martin (20 Aug. 1952), "ELDER'S DREAM REVEALS ALL - 30-Inch 'Friends' in Saucers Will Save Nation From Reds", Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minn.): 32, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/183424117