Gustav F. Ebding
From Kook Science
|Gustav F. Ebding|
|Born||9 February 1887 |
|Died||14 August 1975 (88) |
|Burial||Crown Hill Cemetery and Mausoleum, Twinsburg, Ohio |
|Occupation(s)||Machinist (tool-and-die for Thompson Products)|
|Noted work(s)||"Mechanical Proof the Earth is Not a Globe" (1927)|
Gustav Fred Ebding (February 9, 1887 - August 14, 1975) was an American machinist and inventor, advocate of a concave-type Hollow Earth theory (comparable to that proposed by Cyrus Teed, a.k.a. Koresh), and sometime political activist, having legally challenged Hoover's 1928 election as illegitimate (and subsequently faced an insanity charge for his trouble), and mounted a failed run for Congress in 1930.
- Ebding, Gustav F. (1926), The Discovery of the Age! Columbus a Fraud, The Super-Scientific Age, Bible Truths, Evolution on the Rocks, Cleveland: Gustav F. Ebding
- Ebding, Gustav F. (1927), Mechanical Proof the Earth is Not a Globe, Cleveland, Ohio: Gustav F. Ebding, http://cplorg.cdmhost.com/digital/collection/p4014coll9/id/16520
- "United States Social Security Death Index," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J14J-FYH : 19 May 2014), Gustav Ebding, Aug 1975; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
- "Ohio Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VKVG-HZ1 : 8 December 2014), Gustav F Ebding, 14 Aug 1975; from "Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-2007," database and images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2010); citing vol. 22175, certificate number 056430, Ohio Historical Society, Columbus; Ohio Department of Health, State Vital Statistics Unit, Columbus.
- "Find A Grave Index," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q2SS-PBL6 : 15 March 2016), Gustav Fred Ebding, 1975; Burial, Twinsburg, Summit, Ohio, United States of America, Crown Hill Cemetery and Mausoleum; citing record ID 156966884, Find a Grave, http://www.findagrave.com.
- "Community Current Events", The Flaming Sword, April 1931, http://koreshan.mwweb.org/virtual_exhibit/vex4/B9D50301-626A-41DF-A399-029157850270.htm, retrieved 2017-01-17, "We are in receipt of a letter from Mr. Gustav F. Ebding of Cleveland, Ohio, who is endeavoring to have Congress appoint a committee to study the question of the shape of the earth, in which he issues a challenge to debate in public the matter of the true direction of the earth's curvature."
- "SUIT AGAINST HOOVER", Lead Daily Call (Lead, South Dakota), 8 December 1928, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/92995842/, retrieved 2017-01-17, "A suit to prevent Herbert Hoover from taking office as president of the United States was filed in federal court here today by Gustav F. Ebding, who contends that Hoover has only been a resident of the United States since 1919. Ebding had written works attempting to prove that the world is not a globe. He told secret service men who questioned him that "patriotism and conscience moved him to file the suit.""
- "Challenger of Hoover Faces Insanity Charge", The Scranton Republican (Scranton, Pennsylvania), 14 December 1928, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/49726642/, retrieved 2017-01-17, "Gustav F. Ebding, who filed suit to bar Herbert Hoover from the presidency because he declared Hoover had not lived in the United States a sufficient length of time, was in jail today facing a charge of insanity. The insanity warrant was signed by Irene Nungesser, assistant United States district attorney. The warrant also charges Ebding with "uttering a false statement against the president elect.""
- "'FLAT EARTH' EXPONENT WON'T SIT IN CONGRESS; Gustav Ebding Piled Up 101 Votes in Ohio, but Crosser Nosed Him Out With 30,445.", New York Times (New York), 16 November 1930, http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9E06E7DC1F3AEE32A25755C1A9679D946194D6CF&legacy=true, retrieved 2017-01-17