Bradley S. Osbon
From Kook Science
|Bradley S. Osbon|
As pictured in "The White World" (1902)
|Born||16 August 1827 |
Rye, Westchester, New York
|Died||6 May 1912 (84) |
Manhattan, New York
|Workplace(s)||New York Herald|
|Affiliations||Reed Hollow Earth Exploring Club|
|Spouse(s)||Eliza Balfour Frazier (m. 1872) |
Bradley Sillick Osbon (August 16, 1827 - May 6, 1912) was an American sailor, United States Navy captain, journalist, and author, noted in his later life as a supporter of William Reed's hollow earth theories (and secretary of the Reed Hollow Earth Exploring Club).
- Osbon, B. S. (1860), Visitors' Hand Book, Or How to See the Great Eastern, New York: Baker & Godwin, https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011611799
- Osbon, B. S., ed. (1864), Hand Book of the United States Navy: Being a Compilation of All the Principal Events in the History of Every Vessel of the United States Navy. From April, 1861, to May, 1864, New York: D. Van Nostrand, https://archive.org/details/cu31924028732802
- Osbon, B. S. (1909), Paine, Albert Bigelow, ed., A Sailor of Fortune: Personal Memoirs of Captain B. S. Osbon, New York: McClure, Phillips & Co., https://archive.org/details/asailorfortunep01paingoog
- "Osbon, Bradley Sillick", Who's Who In New York, 4, 1909, p. 1002-1003, https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nyp.33433082309273;view=1up;seq=1022
- "United States Veterans Administration Pension Payment Cards, 1907-1933," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2M2L-5GD : 12 December 2014), Bradley S Osbon, 1907-1933; citing NARA microfilm publication M850 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 1,635,740.
- "New York Marriages, 1686-1980," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F6W9-1X2 : 12 December 2014), Bradley Sellick Osbon and Eliza Balfour Frazier, 25 Nov 1872; citing reference ; FHL microfilm 1,561,855.