F. T. Ives
From Kook Science
|F. T. Ives|
As pictured in "Yankee Jumbles", c. 1903
|Born||19 August 1828 |
|Died||30 January 1910 (81) |
Meriden, Connecticut 
|Noted work(s)||"The Hollow Earth" (1904)|
Franklin Titus Ives (August 19, 1828 - January 30, 1910) was an American merchant and author, notably of a treatise on the Hollow Earth, in which he argues in favour of John Cleves Symmes's theories and puts forward that there is a fresh water ocean at the core of the planet, from which all bodies of fresh water on the surface are ultimately sourced.
- Ives, F. T. (1903), Yankee Jumbles, or, Chimney Corner Tales of 19th Century Events, Comprising Subjects of Fact, Fun and Fiction, New York: Broadway Publishing Company, https://archive.org/details/yankeejumbles00ives
- Ives, F. T. (1904), The Hollow Earth, New York: Broadway Publishing Company, https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009033957
- "Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F74S-7F7 : 3 December 2014), Franklin T Ives, 19 Aug 1828; citing ; FHL microfilm unknown.
- New York Times (New York): 7, 31 January 1910, "MERIDEN, Conn. Jan. 30. Franklin Titus Ives, aged 81, retired merchant and author, died tonight at his home in this city of heart trouble. Mr. Ives was Chairman of the State Board of Mediation and Arbitration in Conn[ecticut]. He was the author of historical and scientific books, two of his more recent productions being "The Hollow Earth" and "Yankee Jumbles.""
- Shaw, Albert, ed. (1910), "Obituaries for January 1910", Review of Reviews and World's Work: An International Magazine (Review of Reviews Corp.) 41: 293, "January 30— Franklin T. Ives, of Connecticut, historical and scientific writer, 82."
- "Find A Grave Index," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVVZ-PVBP : 13 December 2015), Franklin T Ives, ; Burial, Meriden, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America, Walnut Grove Cemetery; citing record ID 13259317, Find a Grave, http://www.findagrave.com.