William E. Bailey
From Kook Science
|William E. Bailey|
|Born||7 November 1930|
Caney, Morgan Co., Kentucky
|Died||6 May 2016 (85)|
Lexington, Fayette Co., Kentucky
|Affiliations||Bestline Products; Growth Into Greatness Institute; Safety Plus, Inc.|
William "Bill" Edsel Bailey (November 7, 1930 - May 6, 2016) was an American multi-level network marketer, beginning as a distributor with Rich Schnackenberg and John Earl Shoaff's Nutri-Bio and William Penn Patrick's Holiday Magic before launching his famed Bestline Products, a cosmetics and cleaning supply distribution franchise company. Bailey's Bestline was the subject of a string of lawsuits by distributors, state-level prosecutions as a pyramid scheme, as well as federal charges by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and a U.S. District Court ruling that the company was selling unregistered securities (based on precedents set by SEC cases against the businesses of Glenn W. Turner),[i] resulting in its bankruptcy and dissolution.
- William E. Bailey (197-), The Voice of Business For The 70's (LP, Bestline)
- William E. Bailey (1972), Your Future (LP, Bestline, Growth Into Greatness Institute)
- William E. Bailey (1972), Mental Discipline (LP, Bestline, Growth Into Greatness Institute) — per the copy, this is a recording of "William E. Bailey speaking to you informally from his living room"
- William E. Bailey (198-), Growth Into Greatness: The Secret Road to Financial Independence (Cassette, Growth Into Greatness Institute)
- In Re Bestline Products Securities, 412 F. Supp. 732 (S.D. Fla. 1976): the Ninth Circuit court ruled that Bestline distributorships were securities, referring to earlier precedents set in the SEC case against Turner. Refer: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/412/732/2368362/