From Kook Science
Sendai, Kagoshima-ken, Japan
|Died||18 February 1930 (昭和五年二月十八) (age 66)|
|Workplace(s)||オキシヘーラー製造業, Oxyhealer Co.|
Shintaro Maeshima (Japanese: 前島震太郎, Maejima Shintarō; 1865-1930) was a Japanese inventor who patented and sold the Oxyhealer (オキシヘーラー, Oxyhaler), described in the U.S. patent as a "magnetic healing apparatus" for use in "promoting health and healing diseases by transmitting magnetism into the human body."
- US1421516A. Maeshima, Shintaro. Magnetic Healing Apparatus. 4 July 1922, filed 2 May 1918. "This invention relates to an apparatus for promoting health and healing diseases by transmitting magnetism into the human body, and consists in a mixture of powders of magnetite, antimony sulphide and charcoal sealed in a metal casing, through which one or more copper rods are passed, the magnetism caused in the mixture being transmitted into the human body by means of a leading cord." https://patents.google.com/patent/US1421516A — similar patents were filed and granted in France (FR485945A) and Great Britain (GB120176A).
- "Magnetic Healing Apparatus (No. 1,421,516, issued to Shintaro Maeshima)", Science and Invention 10 (6): 576, Oct. 1922, https://books.google.com/books?id=Ymg3AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA576, "The greatest fraudulent statement made by this inventor is the claim that magnetism travels through a copper wire. Magnetite is slightly magnetic, yet the most powerful magnetic influence can never pass along a copper wire. Current passing through a wire produces magnetic effects, but no current is set up in this device, as there are no dissimilar metals within the container, nor is there an active electrolyte."
- (in Japanese) 現代療法オキシヘ-ラ-要説全, 東京 オキシヘ-ラ-奨励会, 1914, https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/100055743
- (in Japanese) オキシヘーラー使用書, 東京: オキシヘーラー奨励会, 1923, https://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/917750 — ("Oxyhaler Usage Instructions")
- "前島震太郎氏のオキシヘラー" (in Japanese), パワースペース (8), 12 Mar. 1993
- "日本のラジオニクスか？" (in Japanese), Mind-Craft (mind-craft.net), 25 June 2011, https://www.mind-craft.net/?p=3116