Liebig Laboratory & Chemical Works Co.
From Kook Science
The Liebig Laboratory & Chemical Works Co. was a New York-based manufacturer of patent medicines, including most famously Liebig Co.'s Coca Beef Tonic, a concentrate of beef and sherry wine with coca leaf. This company is not to be confused with the Liebig Extract of Meat Co., originators of Oxo.
Liebig Co. Preparations
- Liebig Co.'s Coca Beef Tonic
- Liebig Co.'s Arnicated Extract of Witch Hazel
- Liebig Co.'s Genuine Syrup of Sarsaparilla
Based in New York, the company was situated at several locations during its existence, including:
- 1881: 60 Maiden Ln., New York 
- 1881: 21 Liberty Street, New York
- 1882: 38 Murray Street, New York
- 1897: 181 Pearl, New York
- 1898: 4 Cedar, New York 
From 1880 through 1881, the firm of J. L. Berg & Co. (Joseph L. Berg and Joseph Bernard, also situated at 60 Maiden Lane), importers of drugs and essential oils, were the sole distributor of the Liebig preparations. After Berg & Co. went bankrupt in December 1881, the Liebig Lab. & Chem. Co. became their own distributor.
- ↑ "Liebig Laboratory & Chemical Works Co.", Phillips' Business Directory of New York City, 1881, p. 120, https://archive.org/details/phillipsbusiness00newy/page/120
- ↑ "Liebig Laboratory & Chemical Works Co.", Trow's (formerly Wilson's) Business Directory of the Boroughs of Manhattan and the Bronx, City of New York, 1898, p. 235, https://books.google.com/books?id=WdgwAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA235&lpg=PA235&dq=%22Liebig+Laboratory+%26+Chemical+Works+Co.%22