From Kook Science
Guidelines for Posting
- We encourage original research, and applaud original material that might not fit on other wikis.
- People might edit your posts. As it says right there above the "Save page" button: "Please note that all contributions to Kook Science are considered to be released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike (see KookScience:Copyrights for details). If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then do not submit it here. You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. Do not submit copyrighted work without permission!"
- Don't just copy verbatim from other sites or wikis. We don't want perfect duplicates of the content of other sites; if you want people to review something you read elsewhere, just post a link, maybe an excerpt or a brief quote. The exception to this is interesting articles that have been deleted from Wikipedia or other sources, so long as they're in the Commons or public domain, and the original source is properly acknowledged.
- Articles and essays needn't follow any standard encyclopedic-entry format. This is not technically an encyclopedia so much as it is a collection, though we do often abide by the conventions of the Mediawiki form for our profiles of individuals, organisations, theories, and so on, and so on, if only to make using the Research Hatch as simple as possible for all involved.
- If you're going to follow the format, infoboxes are your friend. We presently provide for several basic wiki-style infoboxes, including:
- Infobox Researcher, for individuals
- Infobox Organisation, for groups, associations, and organisations
- Infobox Project, for various organisational and government projects
- Infobox Periodical, for magazines and journals
- Infobox Book, for books
- Infobox Album, for recorded albums
- Infobox Film, for films
- Infobox Game, for board games, etc.
- Infobox Force, for fundamental and vital forces
- Infobox Political Party, for political organisations
- Infobox Project, for projects of government or private varieties (as used in MK-ULTRA articles)
- Infobox Nostrum, for patent medicines
- Infobox Saint, for saints
- Infobox UfoContact, for Saucerian-type contacts
- Infobox Cryptid, for cryptozoological creatures
- There is clearly room for growth in the infobox selection.
- Use free media sources. Understand that Intellectual Property is a form of magic that is fairly poorly understood, and we don't want to provoke any magicians who dabble in such arts; as such, we encourage you to draw as heavily as possible on media that lives in the Public Domain or Creative Commons. However, if you must, there are Fair Use policies that you can attempt to navigate.