James A. Wamsley
From Kook Science
|James A. Wamsley|
Photo portrait of Dr. J. A. Wamsley (c. 1898)
|Born||19 April 1851|
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
|Died||4 December 1914 (63) |
|Alma mater||Jefferson Medical College (M.D., 1878)|
|Affiliations||University Lodge, No. 610, F. & A.M.; Chapter Royal Arch Mason and Knight Templar; Odd Fellows; Red Men|
|Spouse(s)||Josie Deliah Gorton|
James A. Wamsley (April 19, 1851 - December 4, 1914) was an American physician and fraternalist, noted as the author of several burlesque degrees, including Uncle Sam's Eagles and the Arabian Degree Klan.
- Wamsley, J. A., Knights and Ladies of the Round Table
- Wamsley, J. A. (1901), Ritual of the Arabian Degree Klan: A Side Degree for the use of Secret Societies, Clubs, all Organizations, and for the Formation of a New Lodge, Camden, N.J.: C.S. MacGrath, Printer
- Wamsley, J. A. (1905), Ritual of Uncle Sam's Eagles: A Burlesque Side Degree for the use of Secret Societies, Clubs or for the Formation of an Independent Lodge or Nest, Camden, N.J.: C.S. MacGrath, Printer, http://memory.loc.gov/master/gdc/scd0001/2012/26000074/Binder3.pdf
- Wamsley, J. A. (1905), "Are You a Member?" a Prologue in One Act, and the "Initiation of a Candidate" in Two Acts. A burlesque.
- "Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JF6T-497 : 9 December 2014), James A. Wamsley, 04 Dec 1914; citing cn 27949, Philadelphia City Archives and Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia; FHL microfilm 1,429,065.