Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie|
As seen in "Of Communion with God" (1895)
|Born||Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie D'Arusmont|
22 July 1871
Dundee, Scotland 
|Died||17 March 1940 (68)|
Keansburg, New Jersey 
|Religion||Protestant Episcopal Church|
|Alma mater||Harvard, A.M. (1894); Tulane, New Orleans, Ph.D. (1893); University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, M.A. (1890), G.D. (1893); Medico-Chirurgical College, Philadelphia, M.D. (1903); Columbia, Ph.D. (1915)|
|Affiliations||Brotherhood of the Eternal Covenant|
Kenneth Sylvan Launfal Guthrie (July 22, 1871 - March 17, 1940) was a Scots-born Episcopalian clergyman, physician, and philosopher, noted for his translations of Plotinus.
- "Regeneration Applied: Being the Sequel And Practical Application of Regeneration, the Gate of Heaven" (Prophet Publishing House, 1900)
- "Three Selections From Plutarch's Genius of Sokrates: Who the Genii Are, The Dream of Timarchus, The Care of the Genii" (Prophet Publishing House, 1904)
- "The life of Zoroaster in the words of his own Hymns, the Gathas, according to both Documents, the Priestly, and the Personal, on parallel pages, (a new Discovery in Higher Criticism)" (Comparative Literature Press, 1914)
- "The Fusionist Bible; Or, The Universal World-religion's Index to the Bible; Or, The Religion of the Dictionary: Being Four Studies In Comparative Relation Entitled Salvation In Plain English, Linguistic Progress the Root of Theology, Linguistic Disguises of Universal Religion, Culmination of Biblical Values" (1914, Platonist Press)
- "Perronik, the 'Innocent,' or, the Quest of the Golden Basin and Diamond Lance, One of the Sources of Stories about the Holy Grail, a Breton Legend, after Souvestre" (Comparative Literature Press, 1915)
- "Numenius of Apamea: the Father of Neo-Platonism; Works, Biography, Message, Sources, And Influence" (1917)
- "Plotinos: Complete Works, In Chronological Order, Grouped In Four Periods : With Biography by Porphyry, Eunapius, & Suidas, Commentary by Porphyry, Illustrations by Jamblichus & Ammonius, Studies In Sources, Development, Influence; Index of Subjects, Thoughts And Words" (Platonist Press, 1918)
- "A Romance of Two Centuries: a Tale of the Year 2025" (Platonist Press, 1919)
- "The Brothers Guthrie: Pagan Christianity of the Early 20th Century" (newtopiamagazine.wordpress.com)
- "Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XYT6-ZJC : accessed 10 May 2016), Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie D'Arusmont, 22 Jul 1871; citing DUNDEE,ANGUS,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 6,035,516.
- "Ex-Athlete Held In Car Fatality Atlantic Highlands Star Is Held on Suspicion in Death of Minister", Asbury Park Press (Asbury Park, New Jersey): 1, 1940-03-19, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/142698642/, retrieved 2016-05-09, "Rev. Dr. Kenneth S. Guthrie, 68, of 12 Randall street, Keansburg, who was killed late Sunday as he walked along Route 3 [...] Guthrie was a retired Protestant Episcopal minister and the brother of the Rev. Dr. William Norman Guthrie[...]"