Grant Wallace (February 10, 1867 - August 12, 1954) was an American journalist, war correspondent (active during the Russo-Japanese War and the Second American Occupation of Cuba), writer, cartoonist, and artist. Following his retirement from journalism, Wallace became a noted resident of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California, where he lived in a self-designed cabin and conducted experiments in "sublimated telepathy," whereby he believed he had contacted beings from other worlds (including "Mars, the moons of Jupiter and Uranus, [...] Zingomar (a planet of the star Altair), [and] planets near the Pleiades star cluster") and spirits of the departed dead.
Journalism and War Correspondence
Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905)
- Wallace, Grant (September 1906), "For the Glory of the Son of Heaven", Appleton's Magazine (D. Appleton & Co.) 8 (3): 285-294, https://books.google.com/books?id=4ps8AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA285
Cuban Pacification (1906-1909)
- Wallace, Grant (December 1906), "End of the Cuban Fiasco", Times Magazine (New York: Times Magazine Co.) 1 (1): 73-79, https://books.google.com/books?id=a74aAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA73
- Wallace, Grant (January 1907), "Cuba and Its Problems", Times Magazine (New York: Times Magazine Co.) 1 (2): 157-164, https://books.google.com/books?id=a74aAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA157
Wallace wrote and lectured on New Thought and related schools of metaphysics, including turns in magazines such as George W. Payne's Psychic World and Alexander J. McIvor-Tyndall's Swastika Magazine.
- Wallace, Grant (1904-06-18), "The Voice of Yesterday", The Philosophical Journal (San Francisco, Cal.: W. T. Jones) 41 (25), http://www.iapsop.com/archive/materials/religio-philosophical_journal/pj_jun_1904.pdf
- Wallace, Grant (January 1907), "The Rewards of Versatility", The Swastika (Denver, Colo.: The Wahlgreen Publishing Co.) 1 (1): 22-24, http://www.iapsop.com/archive/materials/swastika/swastika_v1_n1_jan_1907.pdf
- Wallace, Grant (February 1907), "Success and Failure: A Study in Causes", The Swastika (Denver, Colo.: The Wahlgreen Publishing Co.) 1 (2): 62-65, http://www.iapsop.com/archive/materials/swastika/swastika_v1_n2_feb_1907.pdf
- Wilson, Robert H. (1923-11-04), "ALPHABETS FROM PLANETS; MESSAGES FROM FAMOUS SPIRITS - Startling Claims Come From the Research Laboratory of Grant Wallace", San Francisco Examiner (San Francisco, Calif.): 31