Foster, Milburn & Co.
From Kook Science
Foster, Milburn & Co. was a patent medicine manufacturer and distributor, organised circa 1860 by Orrin E. Foster and Thomas Milburn at Toronto, Ontario, with a branch for handling American sales established at Buffalo, New York in the 1870s. Their most well-known product was Dr. Thomas' Eclectric Oil, the formula for which they purchased from S. N. Thomas in 1876.
- Dr. Thomas' Eclectric Oil, a pain relief remedy and general cure-all
- Burdock Blood Bitters, a "blood purifier"
- Little Burdock Pills
- Dr. Fowler's Extract of Wild Strawberry
- Doan's Kidney Pills, a "specific" (as opposed to a cure-all) for treatment of kidney and analogous complaints
- ↑ Hoolihan, Christopher (2008). An Annotated Catalogue of the Edward C. Atwater Collection of American Popular Medicine and Health Reform (3rd ed.). University Rochester Press. p. 261. (Entry under S-419.2 "FOSTER, MILBURN AND COMPANY")