From Kook Science
Photo portrait of Charles Fort, c. 1920
|Born||Charles Hoy Fort|
6 August 1874
Albany, New York
|Died||3 May 1932 (57)|
Bronx, New York
|Burial||Albany Rural Cemetery |
|Known for||Forteana; Super-Sargasso Sea|
|Noted work(s)||The Book of the Damned (1919); New Lands (1923); Lo! (1931); Wild Talents (1932)|
|Spouse(s)||Anna Elizabeth Filing (m. 1896)|
Charles Hoy Fort (August 6, 1874 - May 3, 1932) was an American researcher and author in the field of anomalous phenomena, an area of study today often known as Forteana for his expansive contributions.
- Fort, Charles (1909), The Outcast Manufacturers, New York: B. W. Dodge & Company
on Anomalous Phenomena
- Fort, Charles (1919), The Book of the Damned, New York: Boni and Liveright
- Fort, Charles (1923), New Lands, New York: Boni and Liveright
- Fort, Charles (1931), Lo!, New York: Claude Kendall
- Fort, Charles (1932), Wild Talents, New York: Claude Kendall
- Early, Eleanor (1931-05-24), "16,000 Things That Can't Be Explained: Miracles are today discredited by wise men, but Charles Fort of Bronxville, N.Y. has made it his life work to study all the phenomena that scientists say couldn't, and never did, happen", Arizona Daily Star (Tucson, Arizona): 32, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/162753107/
- Find A Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com : accessed 06 August 2018), memorial page for Charles Hoy Fort (6 Aug 1874–3 May 1932), Find A Grave Memorial no. 3079, citing Albany Rural Cemetery, Menands, Albany County, New York, USA ; Maintained by Find A Grave.
- "New York, New York City Marriage Records, 1829-1940," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:244P-XKS : 10 February 2018), Charles Hoy Fort and Anna Elizabeth Filing, 26 Oct 1896; citing Marriage, Manhattan, New York, New York, United States, New York City Municipal Archives, New York; FHL microfilm 1,487,668.