C. B. Braganza
From Kook Science
|Prof. C. B. Braganza|
As seen in Boston Herald
|Born||Calvin Brazan Braganza|
14 September 1889 
Monterey, New Mexico
|Alma mater||Central Scientific College of Indianapolis (D.M.); College of Divine Metaphysics (Ps.D.); American Occult College of Washington D.C. (Sci.D.)|
Calvin Brazan Braganza was an American occultist and astrologer, self-described as the Prince of Mystics, active in New England, and particularly Boston, during the early twentieth century. Among other things, Braganza claimed to be a Hindu mystic hailing from Goa East India, and routinely offered newspapers his predictions of the future, including an announcement that Theodore Roosevelt's spirit had told him Al Smith would win the Presidency in 1928.
- Prof. C. Braganza Studio of Science and Bureau of Research
- Association of Occult, New Thought and Metaphysical Practitioners (President and Treasurer); a.k.a. the Association of Occult, Psychic, New Thought and Metaphysicians and Mystic Stars
- Universal Occult College (Founder, President, and Dean)
- Astro-Psycho Research Society of Boston
- "World's Occult Congress Convention," c. 1930
- Hello, My Friends on the Other Shore, 1921
- Blackington, Alton H., Prof. C. Alvin Braganza, crystal gazer, ca. 1930., http://credo.library.umass.edu/view/full/muph061-sl057-i001 Alton H. Blackington Collection (PH 061). Special Collections and University Archives, University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries
- "United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XR7P-94H : 19 April 2016), Calvin Brazan Braganza, 1942; citing NARA microfilm publication M1936, M1937, M1939, M1951, M1962, M1964, M1986, M2090, and M2097 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- Rosenau, Jr., M.J. (1930-03-19), "CHAMBER OPENS EYES TO 'OCCULT'; Plans for World Congress In Boston This Year Are On Ragged Edge; PSYCHIC MAGNATE STILL CHEERFUL", Boston Herald, http://digitalmaine.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1421&context=maine_writers_correspondence
- "Two Fortune Tellers Are Behind Bars", New Castle News (New Castle, Pennsylvania): 18, 1917-04-25, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/72642270/, retrieved 2016-08-12, "Alleged ability to tell other peoples' fortunes, but failure to fore-see their own, resulted in Prof. C. Braganza and Mrs. Kelley being placed in jail last night following a hearing before Alderman Gross. Prof. Braganza claims to be a Hindoo, he says that he has made many trips here from India and has traveled practically all over the United Slates. Mrs. Kelley has been here for some time."
- Cogan, Alice (1928-05-31), "Al Smith Will Be Elected As Roosevelt's "Spirit" Told Him, Says Hindu Seer Dr. C. B. Braganza; Also Foresee Mayor Walker as Fallen Idol When 7-Cent Fare Goes Into Effect; Predicts Scorching Summer Starting July 4", Brooklyn Daily Eagle (Brooklyn, New York): 6, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/59999552/