From Kook Science
|Born||4 August 1896|
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
|Died||18 March 1963 (66)|
Douglas, Isle of Man
|Alma mater||University of Leeds (M.B., Ch.B., 1924; M.D., 1928)|
|Workplace(s)||Colney Hatch Mental Hospital (London, UK)|
James Alexander Cannon (August 4, 1896 - March 18, 1963), known in the press by such colourful appellations as the Yorkshire Yogi, was an English psychiatrist, hypnotist, stage magician, and occultist who claimed a variety of lineages and titles, including Kushog Yogi of Northern Tibet and Master of the Fifth of the Great White Lodge of the Himalayas.
- Cannon, Alexander (1932), Hypnotism, Magnetism and Faith-Healing, London: W. Heinemann Ltd.
- Cannon, Alexander; Hayes, Edmund Duncan Tranchell (1932), The Principles and Practice of Psychiatry, London: W. Heinemann Ltd.
- Cannon, Alexander (1933), The Invisible Influence: A Story of the Mystic Orient with Great Truths Which Can Never Die, London: Rider & Co., https://borderlandsciences.org/project/aura/ref/cannon/index.html
- Cannon, Alexander (1934), Powers That Be (The Mayfair Lectures), London: Francis Mott Company
- Cannon, Alexander; Hayes, Edmund Duncan Tranchell (1934), The Principles and Practice of Neurology, London: W. Heinemann Ltd.
- Cannon, Alexander (1936), The Science of Hypnotism, London: Rider & Co.
- Cannon, Alexander (1936), The Power of Karma in Relation to Destiny, London: Rider & Co., https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.217405
- Cannon, Alexander (1938), Sleeping Through Space: Revealing the Amazing Secrets of How To Get What You Want and Keep Well, Woodthorpe, Nottingham: Walcot Publishing Co.
- Cannon, Alexander (1947), The Shadow of Destiny, London, New York: Rider
- Cannon, Alexander (1953), The Power Within; the Re-Examination of Certain Psychological and Philosophical Concepts in the Light of Recent Investigations and Discoveries, New York: Dutton
- Richardson, Maurice (1979), "Portrait of a Yorkshire Yogi", Fits & Starts: Collected Pieces, London: Michael Joseph, p. 84-90
- Stowell, Sean (2014), The King's Psychic, Ilkley (UK): Great Northern Books, https://www.amazon.com/Kings-Psychic-Occultist-Ensnared-Commanders/dp/0957295197/?tag=apopheniacs-20
- ↑ University of Leeds (1966), "Cannon, Alexander", Register of Graduates, p. 83