William H. Von Swartwout
From Kook Science
|William H. Von Swartwout|
|Born||25 December 1836|
Utica, New York 
|Died||13 December 1902 (65)|
Brooklyn, New York 
|Affiliations||New Order of Builders|
|Known for||Olombia Commonwealth|
William Henry Von Swartwout (December 25, 1836 - December 13, 1902) was an American political activist, proponent of a new society he called the Olombia Commonwealth, toward which aim he founded several organisations, including the New Order of Builders.
- Von Swartwout, William H. (1892), Olombia or The New Political Economy. Grand Transformation of the United States, England and the World! The only Practical Solution of the Land, Money, Barter, Labor, Capital, and all other Questions of the Day.
- Von Swartwout, William H. (August 1894), An Open Letter to the Committee of Constitutional Convention at Albany, State of New York. By the Author of "Olombia, or, The New Political Economy," etc. New York, August 1894, http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbpe.1300130e
- "Dr. William Henry Von Swartwout (ID I01226)", The Updated Swartwout Chronicles, wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com, http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=ldygen&id=I01226
- "OLOMBIA THE NEW NATION; Apostle Von Swartwout Comes Here to Manifesto Congress. OLD ORDER OF THINGS TO PASS; Money, Barter, Trade, Corporations, Deeds, Bonds, Notes, and Stocks to Be Abolished. New "Order of Builders" to Prevail — His Occult Coat-of-Arms — Millennium at Hand.", Washington Times (Washington, D.C.) 1 (99): 8, 24 June 1894, http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn87062244/1894-06-24/ed-1/seq-8/, "(William H. Von Swartwout) was born of Dutch stock in Utica, N.Y., in 1836, and is of a distinguished genealogy that traces back to the time when his ancestry occupied the Black Forest hundreds of years ago. The first of the family to land in this country came from Holland in 1640, and settled with the New Netherlands Colony, now New York."
- "VON SWARTWOUT (William H., obituary)", New York Times (New York), 15 December 1902, http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9D00EEDE163AE733A25756C1A9649D946397D6CF, "At Memorial Hospital, Brooklyn, on Saturday, Dec. 13, Dr. William H. Von Swartwout, in his 66th year, son of the late Rugene and Claramond Washburn Swartwout of Utica, N.Y., and husband of Jennette G. Von Swartwout."