New York College of Magnetics
From Kook Science
|New York College of Magnetics|
|Motto||"Vis e coelo terraque"|
("The force of heaven and earth")
|Successor||College of Fine Forces|
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Dean||Edwin D. Babbitt|
|President||F. G. Welch|
The New York College of Magnetics and Institute of Refined Therapeutics was a private and correspondence school based in New York City, organised by Edwin D. Babbitt in 1883 and chartered January 28, 1887 by the state of New York, which made an offering of study courses in "chromopathy, mind cure, patho-mechanism, magnetic massage, and solar magnetics."
From their copy: "This institute inculcates a higher science of life and force, including Chromopathy or cure by light and color, magnetics, mental science and other refined methods of nature, together with the explanation of basic principles. [...] The diploma confers the degree of D. M., Doctor of Magnetics. Students can take the course at their homes. The time required for the course is usually from two to five months."
The charter for the college was revoked on February 9, 1893, and was closed soon thereafter, to be superseded by the College of Fine Forces.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Annual report of the State Board of Health of Illinois" (1878), p.137; entry on "New York College of Magnetics (archive.org)
- ↑ "King's handbook of New York City" (1892), p. 254: entry for the "New York College of Magnetics", academic programme (archive.org)
- ↑ "State University Regents Meet" (nytimes.com), College of Magnetics charter revoked; published in February 10, 1893 ed. of New York Times