Stefan Colonna Walewski
From Kook Science
|Count S. Colonna Walewski|
|Born||9 June 1897 |
|Died||19 May 1955 (57) |
New York City, New York
|Occupation(s)||Diplomat; proprietor of "Esoterica" antique shop|
|Nationality||Russian Empire, Polish, American|
|Known for||Caucasian Yoga|
Stefan Colonna Walewski (June 9, 1897 - May 19, 1955) was a Polish-born diplomat and antiquities specialist, publicised as a foremost expert in occult artifacts. As proprietor of his "Esoterica" shop in New York City, Count Colonna-Walewski maintained a large collection of "mystic and occult curios," at one point boasting over 20,000 objects and "the largest library on demonology in America."
- Imperial Diplomatic Corps., Russian War Office, Inspector of Munitions
- First arrived in U.S. in 1916, naturalized as citizen in 1927
- Esoterica at 161 East 56 St. in NYC; "Oriental, Occidental, Early Art, Ancient Cultures," "objects of comparative religions, occult and mystic sciences, superstitions, early medicines"
A System of Caucasian Yoga
- First published in 1955, The Falcon's Wing Press.
- Attributed to Zoroastrian teachers in the Caucasian mountains.
- "New York, Southern District, U.S District Court Naturalization Records, 1824-1946," image, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-34652-13960-29: accessed 15 Aug 2013), Stefan Colonna Walewski, 9 June 1897
- "COUNT S. C. WALEWSKI (Obituary)". New York Times (New York). 1955-05-22. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10E11FD3B5410718EDDAB0A94DD405B8589F1D3. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Boyle, Hal (1947-04-28). "DEVIL DEALER CITES MAGIC AS FORM OF ESCAPE; New York Operator of 'Esoterica' Shop Carries All Occult Curios". Portsmouth Times. Associated Press (Portsmouth, Ohio: Brush-Moore). http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=c4VPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RNEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6836%2C5533036. Retrieved 2014-03-02. [Brief interview with Colonna-Walewski on his NYC shop and collection]