Non-human participation in human politics
From Kook Science
Just a few cases where non-humans have been engaged, knowingly or not, in the human political process.
Appointees and honorary officials
- Boss "Bosco" Ramos, a black Labrador dog, elected mayor of Sunol, California (1981-1994).
Candidates for office
- Boston Curtis, a brown mule, 1938 candidate for a Republican precinct seat in Milton, Washington.
- Cacareco, a female rhinoceros, 1958 city council candidate in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Pigasus the Immortal, a domestic pig, 1968 Yippie (Youth International Party) nominee for United States presidential election.
- Tião, 1988 Partido Bananista Brasileiro (Brazilian Banana Party, a front for the comedy group Casseta & Planeta) mayoral candidate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Morris, 2013 candidate for mayor of Xalapa, Mexico.
- Colossus the Gorilla, 1980 New Hampshire Republican U.S. Presidential primary candidate.