From Kook Science
|Alias(es)||"Master Mind of Modern Mystery"|
|Born||28 April 1892|
New York City, New York
|Died||9 March 1975 (82)|
Cliffside Park, Bergen Co., New Jersey
|Affiliations||Universal Council for Psychic Research|
|Known for||Mentalism, sleight-of-hand|
Joseph Dunninger (April 28, 1892 - March 9, 1975), also known professionally simply as Dunninger, was an American mentalist and stage magician.
- Dunninger, Joseph; Kraus, Joseph H.; Bridges, Milton A. (1926), Popular Magic: A Selected Series of Magical Tricks for the Layman, Amateur, Lyceum Entertainer and Stage Performer, New York: Experimenter Publishing Co.
- Dunninger, Joseph (1935), Inside the Medium's Cabinet, New York: David Kemp and Company
- Dunninger, Joseph (1936), How to Make a Ghost Walk: Simple Directions for Staging a Séance, New York: David Kemp and Company
- Dunninger, Joseph (1944), What's on Your Mind?, New York: World Publishing Co.
- Associated Press (4 May 1929), "MAGICIAN OUTDOES MEDIUM'S SEANCE, Gets Best 'Manifestation' From Houdini Widow Has Ever Seen.", Evening Star (Washington, D.C.): 17, https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045462/1928-05-04/ed-1/seq-17/, "I give you my word everything you have seen here is a put-up job, accomplished without a particle of aid from any superhuman sources whatsoever."
- Brookman, Laura Lou (25 July 1936), "'WHOO-OO-OO-OO!' ... But $10,000 Says It Isn't a Ghost You Hear; Joseph Dunninger Holds All Those Eerie Sights and Sounds In 'Haunted' Houses Have Commonplace Origins — In Fact, He'll Bet He's Right", Waterbury Democrat (Waterbury, CT): 14, https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn82014085/1936-07-25/ed-1/seq-14/
- Anderson, W. W. (1 May 1938), "Dunninger Reveals Thoughts Concealed in Mind of Author; Last of Magical Trio Puts Little Faith in Work of Dr. Rhine", Evening Star (Washington, D.C.): B-2, https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045462/1938-05-01/ed-1/seq-26/