Homer A. Tomlinson
From Kook Science
|Homer A. Tomlinson|
|Born||25 October 1892|
|Died||4 December 1968 (76)|
Queens, New York 
|Religion||Pentecostal Holiness Christian|
|Workplace(s)||Church of God (later schismed to Church of God World Headquarters)|
|Known for||Claim to be "King of the World"|
|Relative(s)||Ambrose Jessup Tomlinson (father, first overseer of Church of God)|
Homer Aubrey Tomlinson (October 25, 1892 - December 4, 1968) was an American religious leader and Pentecostal Holiness evangelist, as Bishop and General Overseer of the Church of God World Headquarters, and political activist, as presidential candidate for the Theocratic Party (USA). Tomlinson received media attention for his claims to be King of the World or King of All Nations of Men and his world tours promoting his kingship.
Tomlinson made multiple runs as candidate for the United States Presidency, first as the Church of God Party and later under the banner of the Theocratic Party. Among his policy planks were promises to unite the Church and State, abolish taxes (and replace them with tithes to the Church), and establish Bible courses and prayer in public schools, in addition to ending wars, crime, etc.
|President||1952||Church of God||Willie Isaac Bass (VP)|
|President||1960||Theocratic Party||Raymond L. Teague (VP)|
|President||1964||Theocratic Party||William R. Rogers (VP)||Withdrew, endorsed Harold Stassen|
|President||1968||Theocratic Party||W. Buford McKenzie (VP)|
- Tomlinson, Homer A. (1939), The Great Vision of the Church of God: Being the Life and Vision of A.J. Tomlinson, General Overseer, Queens Village, N.Y.: Tomlinson
- Tomlinson, Homer A. (1939), Miracles of Healing in the Ministry of Rev. Francisco Olazabal, Queens Village, N.Y.: Tomlinson
- Tomlinson, Homer A. (1962), Theocracy: Handbook of the Theocratic Party, New York: The Church of God, World Headquarters
- Tomlinson, Homer A. (1968), It Came to Pass in Those Days: The Shout of a King, Queens Village, N.Y.: Church of God, U.S.A. Headquarters.
- Whitworth, William (24 Sept. 1966), "On the Tide of the Times: PROFILE of Bishop Homer A. Tomlinson", The New Yorker: 67, http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1966/09/24/on-the-tide-of-the-times
- "Find A Grave Index," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV25-7L68 : 13 December 2015), Homer Aubrey Tomlinson, 1968; Burial, East Farmingdale, Suffolk, New York, United States of America, Long Island National Cemetery; citing record ID 79280377, Find a Grave, http://www.findagrave.com.