|Born||21 March 1926 |
Los Angeles, California
|Died||3 December 1962 (36) |
|Affiliations||Cosmon Research Foundation|
|Known for||Space Brothers|
|Noted work(s)||"Why We Are Here!"|
|Spouse(s)||William H. Byrd (1952-)|
(Stub notes for expansion.)
- Flight attendant, five years
- Married to William H. Byrd, aeronautical engineer, in 1952
- Ground hostess, Los Angeles Int'l Airport
- First psychic contact from J.W. in September 1953
- Founded "Cosmon Research Foundation" in the late-1950s
- Died in Washington, D.C., in December 1962, following a two-month fast
"Ascended Master Glo-Ria"
Following her death, a channel named Nada-Yolanda (Pauline Sharpe) claimed to be receiving messages from Gloria Lee, who, she reported, had become an ascended master called Glo-Ria. The messages, describing "her next-life experiences, what happens and how to adjust to the transition from this plane to the next, man's spiritual nature and heritage, eternal life for everyone, and life on other planes and planets" were published as "Life in Our Solar System" (1963).
- Lee, Gloria; J.W. of Jupiter (1959), Why We Are Here!, Los Angeles, Calif.: DeVorss & Co., http://amzn.to/2qOAgZb
- Lee, Gloria; J.W. of Jupiter (1962), The Changing Conditions of Your World!, Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.: Cosmon Research, http://amzn.to/2p8fvLT
It should be noted that Lee claimed credit for neither of these works, explaining that she was the "Instrument" of J.W.'s authorship. If one is inclined to accept that as true, it may be said that she at least wrote the introductions.
- "U.S. Social Security Death Index," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JTHV-M66 : accessed 06 Oct 2013), Gloria Byrd, b. 21 March 1926, d. December 1962
- "Woman claims Space People ordered fast" (news.google.com), report on the admittance of Gloria Lee, unconscious and extremely malnourished, to George Washington University Hospital, as published in November 29, 1962 ed. of Wilmington Morning Star, front
- "66-day Fast Ends in Death" (newspaperarchive.com), report on the death of Gloria Lee Byrd, 36, as published in December 4, 1962 ed. of Nevada State Journal, p. 3
- Obituary notice for Gloria Lee (danielfry.com), as published in the January 1963 ed. of Understanding (Vol. 8, No. 1)
- Editorial blurb for "Life in Our Solar System" (thenewearth.org) — "Extraordinary afterlife experiences of New Age channel Gloria Lee (1926-62), known now as ascended master Glo-Ria", first published by Mark-Age Inform-Nations in 1963