Free Republic of Liberland
From Kook Science
|Free Republic of Liberland
|Motto: "To Live and Let Live"|
Liberland's location within the Croatian-Serbian border region, on the western banks of the Danube River
|•||Proclamation||13 April 2015|
|Time zone||Central European Time (CET)|
The Free Republic of Liberland is a self-declared state, proclaimed on 13 April 2015 by Czech activist Vít Jedličk, that claims sovereignty over an uninhabited territory (sometimes called "Gornja Siga") on the western banks of the Danube, situated between Croatia and Serbia, which is presently administered by Croatia.
- Liberland's currency, the Liberland Merit (LLM), is a cryptocurrency token, SLP Token Type 1, on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain. According to Coincodex.com, it was last listed at $0.014829 USD, where it has remained since 2020, down from a high of $0.88219 USD in August 2019. It is no longer available to trade on any known market.
- Block explorer for Liberland Merit (LLM) token: https://simpleledger.info/token/527a337f34e04b1974cb8a1edc7ca30b2e444bea111afc122259552243c1dbe3?lng=en
- Based on the last price on Coincodex.com and block explorer data, the total USD value of circulating Liberland Merits (LLM) as of March 2022 is approximately $14,676.08 (989,688.15759168 LLM). Of that, only $2,812.88 USD (189688.15759168 LLM) was in a non-centrally controlled address.
- Stojanovic, Dusan (10 May 2015), "Balkan swampland to tax haven? Mini-state of Liberland spurs some disdain", Daily World (Opelousas, LA): B3, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/104966480/
- Redman, Jamie (10 Apr. 2019), Liberland's Merit Token Built on Bitcoin Cash Captures $1M Market Cap, news.bitcoin.com, https://news.bitcoin.com/liberlands-merit-token-built-on-bitcoin-cash-captures-a-1m-market-cap/