F. G. Hehr
(Redirected from Frederick George Hehr)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|F. G. Hehr|
|Born||Fritz Gottlieb Georg Hehr|
11 April 1890
Hannover, Preußen, Germany
|Died||1 August 1970 (80)|
Santa Barbara, California
|Affiliations||Borderland Sciences (BSRA)|
|Known for||Prophecies of Atomic Catastrophe in 1960|
|Spouse(s)||Dorothy P. Trent (m. 1944)|
- Hehr, F.G. (1946), Religion Versus Creed, Santa Monica, CA: Weaver Publishing Co.
on the Atomic Catastrophe of 1960
- F.G.H. (December 1946), "The Coming Catastrophal End of Our Civilization", Round Robin (San Diego, Calif.: BSRA) 2 (12): 16, https://borderlandsciences.org/journal/vol/02/n12/FGH_Warning.html
- F.G.H. (March 1947), "A Page To Be Preserved: The Catastrophe of 1960 and the Zones of Comparative Safety", Round Robin (San Diego, Calif.: BSRA) 3 (3): 10, https://borderlandsciences.org/journal/vol/03/n03/The_Catastrophe_of_1960.html
- "Letters to Editors: THE BOMB", LIFE 21 (19): 16, 1946-11-04, https://books.google.com/books?id=tUwEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA16, "Sirs: Regarding your story "Atom Bomb Haven" (LIFE, Oct. 14), Professor Doreal's information is faulty. Atomic cataclysm will come in 1960. Few regions in U.S. will be untouched. I will supply the names of a few safe regions on request. L. G. Hehr, Santa Monica, Calif."
- "ATOM PROPHET SAFE IN ARIZONA", Los Angeles Times: 15, 1946-11-16, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/159750542/, "F. G. Hehr, not L. G. Hehr, is the man who predicted recently in Life magazine that atomic cataclysm will come in 1960, that few regions will be untouched and that he would 'supply the names of a few safe regions on request. This information came yesterday in a letter from Florence, Ariz., to Postmaster Philip T. Hill of Santa Monica, along with a request to forward to Arizona a flood of mail which has been stacking up in the post office, presumably seeking the shortest route to these "safe places." Hehr said he is vacationing in Arizona."