D. W. Starrett
From Kook Science
|D. W. Starrett|
|Born||28 October 1859|
South Thomaston, Knox, Maine
|Died||4 November 1946 (87)|
|Affiliations||Perpetual Health Institute; Indefinite Physical Life Society|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Theresa Lyons (m. 1888)|
Danville William Starrett (October 28, 1859 - November 4, 1946) was an American inventor who was interested in psychic phenomena, including mental telepathy and mind cure, and in particular methods of ensuring human longevity through the latter.
- Starrett, D. W. (1908), Discoveries Which Make Mental Therapeutics and the Transmission of Mental Communications an Exact Science: Containing the Discovery of the Exact Mechanical Proof of the Law Underlying All Mind Cures and the Transmission of Mental Communications; Also Showing How to Make Mental Photographic Diagnosis of Diseases Whether the Patient Be Present or Absent, Oakland, https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/006538592
- Starrett, D. W. (1915), The Last Lap or 'Outside Intelligence' Explained, Containing More Complete Discoveries of the Phenomena Disclosed in the Author's Previous Volumes, Boston: Sherman, French & Co.
- Starrett, D. W. (4 Jan. 1920), "The Law of Mental Telepathy", Oakland Tribune (Oakland, CA): 3, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/82610989/
- Starrett, D. W. (23 July 1944), "Mystery of Light and Dark: Alamedan Voices Views On One of Strange Phenomena in Puzzling Realm of Nature", Oakland Tribune (Oakland, CA): 64, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/183954270/
- Wood, Charles W. (23 Dec. 1916), "Educate Yourself Not to Die! President D. W. Starrett, P.H.I., Asserts He Has Discovered That Mental Healing, Properly Applied, Will Keep the Machinery of Life in Repair and Good Working Order Practically Forever.", The Times (Shreveport, LA): 15, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/210228813/
- Bulletin Staff (8 Oct. 1922), "70 PLEDGED TO DINE IN ROOM RESERVED FOR 73 YEARS HENCE", The Bulletin (Ponoma, CA): 1, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/623148174/
- Cosmopolitan N.S. (10 Oct. 1922), "ETERNAL YOUTH IS CLAIM OF 64-YEAR-OLD MAN. D. W. Starrett Declares He Has Discovered Ponce de Leon's Dream.", Washington Times (Washington, D.C.): 4, https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/80723176/