From Kook Science
Bernarr Macfadden posed as "Hercules" (1894)
|Born||Bernard Adolphus McFadden|
16 August 1868
Mill Spring, Wayne Co., Missouri
|Died||12 October 1955 (87) |
Jersey City, Hudson Co., New Jersey
Bernarr Macfadden (August 16, 1868 - October 12, 1955) was an American publisher and editor, founder of Macfadden Publications, but is most well-known today as a bodybuilder and health guru, sometimes described as the "Father of Physical Culture."
- Macfadden, Bernarr, Macfadden's Encyclopedia of Physical Culture: a Work of Reference, Providing Complete Instructions for the Cure of All Diseases Through Physcultopathy, With General Information On Natural Methods of Health-building And a Description of the Anatomy And Physiology of the Human Body
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1895), McFadden's System of Physical Training, New York: Hulbert Bros. & Co
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1900), Macfadden's Physical Training: an Illustrated System of Exercise for the Development of Health, Strength And Beauty, New York: Macfadden Co.
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1900), The Virile Powers of Superb Manhood: How Developed, How Lost, How Regained, New York: Physical Culture Pub. Co.
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1901), Strong Eyes; How Weak Eyes May Be Strengthened And Spectacles Discarded, New York: Physical Culture Publishing Co.
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1901), Strength From Eating: How And What to Eat And Drink to Develop the Highest Degree of Health And Strength, New York City: Physical Culture Pub. Co.
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1904), Building of Vital Power: Deep Breathing And a Complete System for Strengthening the Heart, Lungs, Stomach And All the Great Vital Organs, New York: Physical Culture Publishing Co.
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1919), The Olympian System of Physical and Mental Development, Chicago: The Olympian System
- Macfadden, Bernarr (1945), Science of Divine Healing: With Key to Health And Happiness, the Cosmotarian Gospel, New York: Cosmotarian Library Service
- Physical Culture Magazine, "Bernarr Macfadden's Viewpoint": http://libx.bsu.edu/cdm/search/collection/PhyCul